Monday, April 12, 2010

Destination III: Pisa, Italy

Kenny and I in front of the tower...

Practicing my balancing skills in front of the tower...

Kicking it over...

Pushing it over...

Holding it up...

A bridge that we crossed on the way to the tower...

The Field of Miracles: the Duomo, the Baptistry, the Monumental Cemetery and the Leaning Tower...

Kenny and I in front of the tower...

The Leaning Tower of Pisa...

After arriving in Pisa, the first order of business was to find a pharmacy and buy some band-aids. Too bad it was Sunday and nothing was open. I figured I could tough it out with my paper towel for a little longer, so we headed in the direction of the tower. I was blown away when we finally found it. For some reason I didn't expect to lean quite as much as it did. It was pretty fun to look at. I think Kenny and I took just about every kind of silly picture you can with it, and we laughed as we watched Asian men in business suits do the same thing. After we exhausted ourselves and our cameras with massive amounts of photographs we walked around and looked at all the touristy booths. And then, when we couldn't fight the hunger any longer we stopped by a restaurant on our way back to the train station. This was our first experience with
real authentic Italian pizza. I think I died and went to heaven. We both ate so much it was hard to move! After we finished our dinner we headed back to the train station and bought our tickets to Florence!

No comments:

Post a Comment