Sunday, March 7, 2010

St. Nicholas Cathedral

St. Nicholas Cathedral, Prague, Czech Republic

View from the balcony in the cathedral...

Half of the organ in the cathedral... the other half is hiding behind the corner!

Altar in the cathedral... So much GOLD!

Ceiling in the cathedral...

More of the ceiling in the cathedral...

One of the side altars...

What I saw upon entering the cathedral... AMAZING!

Since the weather in Prague has been so subpar I was lucky enough to have a good excuse to wait for Kenny to hit a lot of the tourist attractions. One of the first places we visited after his arrival was St. Nicholas Cathedral. It sits at the bottom of the hill that the Prague Castle is on. When we got to the cathedral I didn't really know what to expect. We had to pay to enter, and once the door opened, I was blown away. I could not believe the grandeur of the cathedral and the amount of gold! The cathedral was absolutely beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment